You can access the Eggplant DAI server from any connected machine on your network with a supported browser. This section provides step-by-step instructions to install and license Eggplant DAI on Windows.
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- RAM: 8 GB minimum
- Disk Space: 4 GB minimum
- Processor: 64-bit Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz or equivalent
- Google Chrome 73 and later
- Mozilla Firefox 66 and later
- Safari 12 and later
Important: If you're trying to install Eggplant DAI on a machine that has Eggplant AI 3.1 installed, you'll be prompted to uninstall Eggplant AI first. It's recommended to back up your Eggplant AI data before uninstalling Eggplant AI, especially if you want to migrate data across to Eggplant DAI by using the existing location as specified in step 4.
- Download the Eggplant DAI installation file from the Eggplant DAI Downloads page.
- Double-click the downloaded installation file to launch the Setup wizard. Click Next to begin installing Eggplant DAI.
- On the Advanced installer Options screen, select Run Advanced Install Configuration checkbox to enable the option to specify ports, or change the PostgreSQL data location and click Next to continue.
- On the Installation Directory screen, use the default installation directory (C:\Program Files\ Digital Automation Intelligence) or use the file browser to select the desired installation directory. Click Next to continue your installation.
On the PostgresSQL Data Directory screen, you might need to enter a path for the current installation of Eggplant DAI. Use the following information to decide whether this step is necessary for your installation:
- If you're happy with the default path, then leave this field as-is.
- lf you want to use a different directory, then add the path for the current application data (<install directory>/pgsql/data) by clicking the Choose Directory field.
If you want to configure the installer to use the Postgres data directory that was left behind after uninstalling Eggplant AI 3.1, then add the path of the previous installation folder (e.g., C:\eggplantAI\pgsql) by clicking the Choose Directory field.
- Click Next to continue to the next screen.
- When prompted, set the default HTTP port as follows:
- If port 8000 is available, the installation suggests using port 8000. Click Next to continue.
- If port 8000 is not available, you can enter the HTTP port you want to use.
- On the Select Start Menu Folder screen, if you want to use a different directory, browse to select it. Click Next to continue or Back to return and make changes.
- On the Ready to Install screen, click Install to continue or Back to return and make changes. If you click Install, the installation begins. The installation step takes some time to complete.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
See Licensing AI to open Eggplant DAI and manage your Eggplant DAI licenses.
Although Eggplant DAI assigns port 8000 by default during installation, you can specify a different port later on:
- Open C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\settings.iniImportant: The C:\ProgramData folder might not initially be visible, as it is a hidden folder by default.
- Find the [settings] section. Update the line server_port=8000 to include the port you want to use.
- Save your work.
- Restart the Digital Automation Intelligence Windows service.
When Eggplant DAI is installed and running, you access the application in a browser. On your initial login, you must create an administrator account and enter your license key. Follow these steps to complete your initial login:
- Launch your browser from any computer that has access to the Eggplant DAI server and enter the appropriate URL:
Note: To obtain the IP address of the Eggplant DAI server, see your local IT administrator. Distribute the URLs from this step to all users requiring access to this Eggplant DAI application.
- To display the login prompt from the computer on which the Eggplant DAI server is running, enter http://localhost:8000.
- To display the login prompt from a remote computer, enter http://<serverIPaddress>:8000 where <serverIPaddress> is the Eggplant DAI server's IP address or fully qualified domain name.
- Eggplant DAI prompts you to set up an administrator account. Enter an email address (username) and password for the account. After you've configured the administrator account, you can use it to set roles for other users requesting access. See Approving New Users for more information.
Enter your initial admin credentials and license key for Eggplant DAI
- Enter a license key. You can generate this in the Greenhouse Licensing Web Portal.
- Click OK.
After your account is created, a new Login dialog box appears prompting you to log in to Eggplant AI. After you've entered your valid credentials, the Model Hub appears.
As an Eggplant customer, you have access to the Greenhouse licensing web portal, where you can review and create available license keys as well as download generated licenses for your account.
You can also use this portal to submit questions to support and view information about any support cases.
You should receive your initial Greenhouse login information from your account manager. If you don't have a password, you'll need to contact your account manager or email@example.com. If you need an Eggplant DAI license, contact your account manager or Eggplant Support.
If you're upgrading from Eggplant AI 3.1, then follow these steps after installing Eggplant DAI 4.0:
- Locate the Digital Automation Intelligence service in the Windows Services panel and stop it.
- Copy over all the Postgres data files and folders from your original location (e.g., C:\eggplantAI\pgsql\data) to the Eggplant DAI location (e.g.,C:\ProgramData\Eggplant\Digital Automation Intelligence\data).
- The C:\ProgramData folder might not initially be visible, as it is a hidden folder by default.
Copy all files and subfolders. When prompted, overwrite the existing files in the destination.
- From the Windows Services panel, start the Digital Automation Suite service.
Note: To configure the Eggplant DAI installer to use the Postgres data directory that was left behind after uninstalling Eggplant AI 3.1, choose C:\eggplantAI\pgsql when installing Eggplant DAI 4.0.
Use the following instructions for uninstalling Eggplant DAI:
- Locate and run the Eggplant DAI uninstall program by choosing Start > All Programs > Uninstall Eggplant DAI.
- Click Yes when prompted if you want to uninstall Eggplant DAI and all its modules.
- Click OK after the removal process is done.