Eggplant Performance 9 Release Notes
The notes below provide descriptions of the new features and changes introduced with each release of Eggplant Performance. You are strongly encouraged to read about the relevant changes whenever you upgrade from an earlier version. Potential compatibility issues are highlighted in RED.
You can get the latest version of Eggplant Performance from the Eggplant downloads page.
Features and Improvements 9.0.1 (28 January 2019)
- Support for Windows server SUTs with Eggplant Cloud.
- Eggplant Functional virtual users can now execute against Windows Server 2016 instances running in Eggplant Cloud.
Windows instances now come prepackaged with Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Support Brotli decompression format.
- Users can now record, generate, and replay websites that use the Brotli compression format.
- Password protection for the whole workspace.
- Added the ability to protect a workspace with a password.
- Users can now switch to a different workspace when presented with a password-protected workspace on launching of Studio.
Improved logging of errors and warnings in the VU Event Log to help with debugging of errors and warnings in the VU script(s).
- Additional improvements and bug fixes.
- A new option in Preferences dialog now enables detailed logging.
- Improved algorithm to accommodate Data correlation rules.
- Added the ability to turn off cookie comments when generating web scripts.
Features and Improvements 9.0.0 (3 December 2018)
- Hosted injectors with Eggplant Cloud.
- Provides hosted injector capacity running in the cloud.
- Injectors are automatically created on demand when you start a test run.
- Injectors can be hosted in multiple regions (Western Europe, US East Coast, US West Coast).
- Hosted Eggplant Functional SUTs with Eggplant Cloud.
- Provides hosted systems under test (SUTs) for use with Eggplant Functional virtual users (VUs).
- The initial release of Eggplant Cloud provides one type of SUT, a Ubuntu desktop with Chrome and Firefox installed. This SUT is suitable for testing websites. More types of SUTs will be added to Eggplant Cloud over time.
- SUTs are automatically created on demand when you start a test run, and are automatically terminated at the end of the test run.
- Eggplant Functional connection details are managed automatically, so that each VU is mapped to a single SUT.
- Integration with Eggplant AI.
- Integration with Eggplant AI 2.2.1 allows creation, execution, and analysis of Eggplant Performance tests directly from the Eggplant AI interface.
- Performance tests can be defined in Eggplant AI by allocating VUs to existing test cases.
- Eggplant AI uses the Eggplant Performance REST APIs to create, execute, and analyze performance tests.
- REST API for test creation.
- The existing REST API has been extended to allow a user to create new test definitions.
- Creation of workspaces, projects, injectors, Eggplant Functional suites, scripts, workflows, and tests can be fully automated.
- HTTP/2 support.
- The C# and Java web virtual users can now send and receive HTTP/2 traffic.
- Improved logging.
- Script names and line numbers are now written to the VUs' event log in the event of an error or warning.
- WinHTTP error codes are written to the VUs' event log in the event of an error when making an HTTP request.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
- Added additional columns to the Transactions Summary table (count, minimum response time, maximum response time).
- Added methods to the REST API for retrieving the Transaction and Request summary tables.
- Increased the default chart width in HTML reports.